UUCB is a progressive, inclusive, and theologically diverse congregation. We are explicitly anti-racist and LGBTQ+ affirming. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage applications from people with disabilities, people of color, and those who identify as LGBTQ+.
Religious Education Support Staff (Part-time)
For Children and Youth Religious Education Programming
These staff members will work 7 – 12 hours per week on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings/early afternoons, with additional hours on one Friday evening and one Saturday morning or afternoon per month. Additional shifts may be available for occasional church events requiring childcare or religious education support.Show More Show Less
- Sunday morning support for children and families (childcare, greeting, helping kids in services and Community Hour, offering Story Time during Community Hour)
- Preparing materials for children’s religious education classes and for multi-generational services
- Assisting as needed with children’s religious education classes
- Maintaining the youth library
- Inventorying and organizing religious education supplies and materials
- Providing Parents’ Day Out or Parents’ Night Out up to two times per month
The ideal candidate enjoys working with children, and is creative, organized, reliable, and team-oriented. The position includes opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as building leadership skills.
Pay starts at $15/hr, with pay increases for demonstrated competence in each of several areas, up to $20/hr. (Details on areas of competency and plans for staff training and development are available upon request.)
To apply: Please contact email@example.com with any questions and to apply for this position.