25% Sunday Plate Fund
Our congregation gives 25% of undesignated Sunday Plate donations to a local project or service agency. The Social Justice Funds Committee facilitates the selection of the recipient of this fund. In the spring the committee accepts nominees for the upcoming fiscal year, which begins July 1. The congregation will have chances to learn about the nominees through announcements in the church newsletter, displays in the building, and presentations during services. At our June congregational meeting, church members vote on the recipient of this fund.
Learn more: Guidelines and Application (Deadline for nominations was April 15, 2023)
Current recipient for 2023-24: All-Options Pregnancy Resource Center
- 2022-23: Bloomington Refugee Support Network
- 2021-22: The Nest Early Childhood Education
- 2020-21: Monroe County United Ministries COMPASS Early Learning Center
- 2019-2020: Volunteers in Medicine
- 2018-19: Spencer Pride
- 2017-18: All-Options Pregnancy Resource Center
- 2016-17: New Leaf – New Life
The Social Justice Funds Committee (SJFC) provides information regarding possible funding for social justice activities and administers two UUCB programs (Fall Grants and the Sunday Plate Fund).
Committee members: Denise Ogren, Steve Mascari, Scott Sanders, Sarah Kopper, Sandy Davoren | Advisor: Jackie Hall