Social Justice permeates all programming at the UU Church of Bloomington – worship, religious education, fellowship, and special groups like Chalice Circles and the choir. Social Justice Task Forces are formed when a number of people wish to work together around a specific social justice area.
How to contact your Legislators
Our Social Justice Task Forces are changing the world!
May we persist,
- End of Life Task Force (in process) believes that our cultural consciouness needs to change with respect to death, terminal illnesses, againg, grief, and other parts of the end of life and will work to do so.
- The Homelessness Task Force works with agencies to provide services/support to homeless people, to develop strategies dealing with issues related to homelessness including hunger and unemployment, and to end homelessness. Alan Backler email@example.com
The Just Peace Task Force contributes to a just peace at local, national, and global level.David Keppel firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Racial Justice Task Force joins the movement to co-create a racially just world. Martha Foster email@example.com
- The Refugee Task Force is working with Exodus Refugee of Indianapolis to determine how to best support their mission of welcoming refugees to Indiana. Deb Fish firstname.lastname@example.org or Harold Ogren email@example.com
The Reproductive Justice Task Force promotes an active liberal voice to educate ourselves and the community, advocates for reproductive justice, and connects with community partners to ensure reproductive justice for all women and men. Nan McKinley firstname.lastname@example.org or Deborah Meader email@example.com
- Becoming a Sanctuary Congregation On March 9, 2017, our congregation voted to become a Sanctuary Congregation.
(Temporarily on hiatus) – The Elder Focus Task Force reaches out to elders, responds to their needs, encourages them to contribute their wisdom, and improves later years for all elders. Barb Backler firstname.lastname@example.org
More Social Justice
Social Justice Funds Committee administers SJ Grants and facilitates selection of 25% of Sunday Plate recipient.
Application for 25% Sunday Plate for year 2017-18 was due on April 15, 2017.
This year’s recipieant is All-Options Pregnancy Resource Center
Last year’s recipient was New-Leaf New-Life
Steve Mascari email@example.com.
SJ Chair Jackie Hall firstname.lastname@example.org