Help Feed Our Hungry Neighbors Task Force
The goals of the task force are to educate the congregation on the problem of hunger in our community, and to raise both money and food donations to help alleviate the problem.
◦ Hold mega food drives for Monroe County United Ministries (MCUM)
June 12-13 Each One Feed One Food Drive
We’ll be collecting food at the Portico Entrance at the church for this effort during the entire month of June 2021. Click Here for the list.
◦ Service the College Square Pantry, once a month on the 3rd Friday – Muscles for Meals
◦ Bag Groceries for the College Square Pantry – Staple Stuffers
◦ Organize winter holiday food baskets for MCUM clients
◦ Support Backpack Buddies, a Community Kitchen program
◦ Provide snacks for the Interfaith Winter Shelter at Wheeler Mission
◦ Serve hot breakfasts at Shalom Community Center, once monthly
◦ Raise money for the above by running a fiber-arts booth at the UU Holiday Bazaar and holding other fundraisers
To volunteer and for more information, contact Mary Blizzard (email@example.com). Able-bodied volunteers are especially needed to transfer food from the Hoosier Hills Food Bank to the College Square Food Pantry.