- In May 2013, after we received a matching grant* from the Indiana Office of Energy Development (OED), we installed our first two solar panel arrays.
- In 2017 we raised funds from our members to add a third array, bringing our panel total to 42.2 kilowatts.
- The OED grant required that we reduce our energy use by 25% from a baseline year. Including the renewable energy, we have reduced our energy use by over 50% since 2010.
- See “ENERGY STAR” under “ABOUT” or follow this link to learn how we achieved these reductions. Our 2021 Energy Star Certification score is 98 for buildings of worship.
- In 2021 the combined arrays produced or offset over 82% of our building’s electricity, saving over $41,000.00 on electric bills since 2013.
The graph below shows our energy production versus what we purchase from the grid over time.