Hope for Prisoners Task Force
Our purposes and goals are to raise awareness of the issue of mass incarceration in our society and to affirm the worth and dignity of those in jail or prison, and their families, in Bloomington and the larger community through volunteer initiatives such as mentoring, classes, job and social skills training, family contacts, and advocacy.
- Crafting Bridges: hands-on projects for inmates to make gifts for their children and loved ones.
- Read-to-Me Program: record stories (personal or children’s books) for children and other loved ones
- New Leaf/New Life: plugging in to this community program to mentor, advocate, and offer classes
- PLUS Program Quilt Project (Wabash Valley Correctional Facility): collecting materials for quilts
- Participate in Pages for Prisoners program sending requested books and letters to inmates
Quarterly on the second Wedensday of January, April, July, and October at UU Church.
Hope or Prisoners 2015 task force application
Contact Lois and Rick Holl email@example.com
SJ Month September