The Elder Focus Task Force
(Temporarily on Hiatus)
The task force purposes and goals are to reach out to elders in the church and respond to their needs; encourage elders to contribute wisdom to the rest of us and improve later years for all elders. Current are of focus are: Hearing and making sure that no one feels isolated because of hearing difficulties; housing subcommittee to enhance options in Monroe County for safe, affordable senior housing that supports a quality life.
- Housing models and options for seniors – Sue Medland
- Hearing and isolation – Jenae McElwain
Activities this year:
- Fall T. C. Steele tour
- Pulpit presentation from Esther Hurlburt about Loneliness and Elders
- Columbus Architectural Tour
- Co-sponsor “Consider the Conversation”
- Annual tea honoring elders
- Tour of UU Artists’ Homes as a way to get our elders together
- Helped with hearing test that was done by phone
- Helped sponsor ARE class Aging as as Spiritual Practice
- Created (wove) Spirit Rugs for the Spirit Play Curriculum
Meetings are held monthly following the Women’s Alliance, on the first Thursday.
Volunteer to help make our congregation a better place for our elderly – Barb Backler email@example.com
SJ Month April
Task Force Application 2014-15 for more details.